Saturday, September 12, 2009

Law Schools Can Save the Planet?

Gerald Magliocca has an excellent idea on how law schools can save the planet (Special thanks to Jonathon Adler at the Volokh Conspiracy for the information).

I not only concur with Professor Magliocca, but I have another suggestion for the law schools in question.  If you are going to send me a bunch of stuff, do me a favor and send me a fee waiver instead of all that crap.  Lowering the marginal cost of applying to your school from $70+ to $12 makes me much more likely to apply to your school.  In fact, thus far I have requested a fee waiver from every law school that has sent me something by email, and I have subsequently applied to every law school that has chosen to offer me one.

So, what is my suggestion?  Let paper about how good your law school is.  I already know how good your law school because I read the scholarship.  Just send me a fee waiver and, subsequently, an offer for admission, preferably one with a large financial aid package attached.  Your faculty’s work speaks for itself.  Now all you need is one of the best students for them to teach and inspire, and I will do the rest.

Oh, and just so you know, I do not have any control over the U.S. News rankings either.  In fact, I do not even care about where your school is ranked.  If you have a good faculty of strong researchers and a committment to teaching, I will give your school serious consideration.  Everyone already knows the U.S. News rankings are nonsense anyway.

[Via http://timnuccio.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment